forum.nerobbs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Forum of NeroBBS.com
Nero technic forum

Aim $50 to make ADs away, Already $2

Keywords

youtube  

Latest topics
» How to burn Bootable DVD with Nero burning rom of Nero 7 Premium
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:25 am by erioni123

» please help i can't burn dvd, about to just throw burner away
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 am by NeroExpert

» Error 1336.Error getting file secutity: C:\ProgramData\Nero\GetLastError: 5
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am by NeroExpert

»  DLNA 4405 Error_ nero
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:38 am by NeroExpert

» Focus or tracking error - Could not perform end of Disc-at-once -Errors
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:35 am by NeroExpert

» Error (Burn process failed)
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:30 am by NeroExpert

»  Unspecified Recorder Error - Nero 8
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am by NeroExpert

» Error : unknow burnphase
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:27 am by NeroExpert

» BD-R burn error.. several times!! Help please..
Why do I need to activate third party licenses? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:24 am by NeroExpert

Top posting users this week
No user

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why do I need to activate third party licenses?

Go down

Why do I need to activate third party licenses? Empty Why do I need to activate third party licenses?

Post  NeroExpert Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 am

Why do I need to activate third party licenses?

Some Nero applications include specific features that are developed by third party suppliers.
The implementation of these technologies purpose a highly feasible compatibility with a multitude of formats.

Due to the fact that those technologies are patent-legally protected, a unique activation is required when using these features for the first time. Every time Nero is reinstalled, a new activation of these patents will be required.

Of course, this activation is free of charge. To activate the patents you need a connection to the internet. Please make sure your firewall settings allow Nero to access to the internet.

Some of these technologies are:

mpeg-2 encoding/decoding

mpeg-4 encoding/decoding

AVC-H264_Encoding/decoding

Dolby Digital 2 Channel encoding/decoding

Dolby Digital 5.1 Channel encoding/decoding

After reinstalling and activating Nero Software several times, you may get the message that the amount of possible activations has been reached. In this case, please contact Nero TechSupport and send them your serial number for reactivation. This reactivation of the serial number is also free of charge.

Why can´t third party patents be activated by default?

Nero offers the highest possible compatibility for manifold formats and technologies. Certain Nero software includes functions, that have to be unlocked.
Nero offers the possibility to combine exactly those features that suit you best. On first usage of a specific feature or patent, it will be activated automatically. Due to this method of patent activation, the overall costs for the usage of patents can be kept low. The reason for this is that the patents for these technologies are not ours, and we have to pay fees for usage, too. Implementing the patented technologies by default would necessitate an overall higher price of Nero products. As we feel obliged to offer the products at an attractive price, we decided for the method of patent activation as above stated.
NeroExpert
NeroExpert
Admin
Admin

http://nerobbs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum